Getting to Know the Game of Blackjack
Learn How to Play Online Blackjack and See How Simple It Is
Have you ever wondered why Blackjack tables are always filled with people at land-based casinos? It’s because blackjack is a very easy game to play and a game that has the lowest house edge of all online casino games. This in turn means that it is relatively easy to beat the house, so why not learn to play online blackjack like a pro.
Blackjack has a very simple goal: you need to beat the dealer with a hand that is closest to 21. For example, if the dealer has 17, you need to have anything between 17 and 21 in order to win, excluding 17, because that will be considered a tie. If you go over 21 then you will lose your bet no matter what the dealer has. If the dealer goes over 21 then you win.
Easy, right? Yes. But, let’s go through the rules on how to play online blackjack:
- All cards in blackjack have the same values as the numbers marked on them e.g. 2 is worth 2 points, 3 is worth 3 points etc. Aces can have a value of 1 or 11, while Ten, Jack, Queen and King are valued 10.
- The dealer deals two cards to each player and places their cards face up with the numbers and pictures on them visible for everyone.
- The dealer receives two cards as well, but only one of the two cards is placed face up, while the other is faced down, which means you are not able to see what his second card is. This makes it harder for the players to predict what the dealer has, which forces them to think strategically and use skills when deciding when to Hit or when to Stand.
- The next thing that every player has to do is to decide whether they want to receive additional cards (to Hit) or not (to Stand), or whether they want to split their hands or double down their initial bets.
Here are the buttons that you will find when you want to play online blackjack game that you can use in order to decide what you will do with your hand:
Hit = by pressing the ‘Hit’ button you can request another card.
Stand = by pressing the ‘Stand’ button you will not receive any additional cards.
Split = by pressing the ‘Split’ button you decide to form two additional hands by splitting the two cards that you have received. Your two cards will be divided and two additional cards will be added to each of them in order to form two new hands.
Double down = by pressing the ‘Double down’ button you decide to double your bet, but this way you can receive only one additional card and you cannot do anything afterwards except to wait for the outcome of the dealer’s hand.
So, after you have made your move, the following will happen:
- If your final hand is valued 21 or less, you remain in the game to compete against the dealer. If your hand is valued more than 21, you lose your bet and this is called a 'Bust'.
- The dealer will reveal his facedown card after all players have made their decisions.
The common rule in standard online blackjack is for the dealer to stand if he has a hand valued between 17 and 21. If he has anything below 17, he will hit for an additional card. This varies with other blackjack variations so choose your online blackjack game wisely. Take some practice time and play online blackjack games at online casinos in free mode.